Maintenance Worker-Forrest E. Mars, Jr. Athletic Center
Department: Athletic Department
Job Status: Full Time calendar year, some evening and weekend work required
Additional or amended hours may be scheduled for special school events.
Reports to: Mike Traggio, MAC Manager
Travel: Only as needed
The Maintenance Worker is a member of the Mars Athletic Center staff. They, along with other MAC Staff, are responsible for the overall appearance, upkeep, cleaning and maintenance of both the Mars Athletic Center, school athletic equipment & gear, as well as the team uniforms of The School. They are also responsible for cleaning and maintaining all team locker rooms.
The Maintenance Worker works independently as well as a team member while maintaining a safe working environment. Assignments vary and may include special projects and event set up. The Maintenance Worker is accountable for high quality job performance in support of the best interests of The Hotchkiss School.
On a daily basis, this position is responsible for:
- Cleaning and maintenance of the Mars Athletic Center (MAC), including special duties assigned.
- Sweeping, mopping, and cleaning floors
- Cleaning and maintaining locker rooms, team rooms, & bathrooms.
- Removal of Facility garbage and cardboard.
- Cleaning and maintenance of locker rooms used by Hotchkiss and visiting school teams.
- Laundering of team uniforms and personal athletic gear of Hotchkiss students.
- Monitoring and fulfilling check out and return of equipment, uniforms, and gear at the cage.
Other Periodic responsibilities include the following:
- Repairing various athletic gear, including football/lacrosse and hockey helmets and face guards.
- Periodic facility support installing netting; seasonal floor buffing; lighting & air vent cleaning, as well as bulb and filter replacement.
High School Graduate or GED.
Must have the ability and license to safely operate motorized equipment & vehicles.
Good Interpersonal Skills.
The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers, students, and staff.
Highly motivated, organized and self-directed.
Dependable and able to adhere to set work schedule.
Ability to operate various types of machinery.
- Required to lift frequently up to 30 lbs., an occasionally with assistance 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to work at high heights periodically, utilizing ladders &/or motorized lifts.
- Must be able to constantly position to frequently bend, stoop, reach and kneel to perform some essential functions.
- Extended time on feet performing maintenance & cleaning tasks is required.
- Requires the ability to climb up to 4 flights of stairs.
The essential functions and basic skills have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The Hotchkiss School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices.
The Hotchkiss School is a tobacco-free environment.
Please apply at the link below